By Carolyn Martin
“The Lord is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord is avenging and wrathful; the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies. The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means clear the guilty. His way is in whirlwind and storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.”Nahum 1:2–3 ESV
The Lord sees all that we are dealing with and will by no means let it go unjudged. As I try to prepare for the next session, the storm clouds continue to build on the horizon. The power of those legislators holding a Marxist worldview is growing, and the rhetoric against God’s created order continues to confound reason. Meanwhile, I can only sit by and watch as those advocating for the growth of government through private-public partnerships as a way to disrupt the status quo in education build their kingdom which is antithetical to His kingdom. Yet, God’s power is greater, and His way is in the whirlwind and the storm!
There is no doubt a storm is coming, bringing destruction in its clouds. The exact characteristics of the storm remain hazy. Knowing the Lord is in the midst of the storm gives assurance to all who trust in His way. Yet, to stand on the edge of the storm as the winds howl and push against your resolve can be overwhelming. I am thankful that God has each of you praying for me, for His will to be done, and for the protection of His people. I am even more grateful that He allows me to meet many of you and thank you in person for upholding me and having a heart for the work He has me doing even when we can’t see the results.
Please continue to pray that I will be guided by His hand and remain steadfast in following His way as the storm clouds strengthen and build.
- Praise God that He is IN the whirlwind and the storm!
- Praise God that He is trustworthy.
- Pray that God will allow me to speak the words He has ordained and those who hear them will listen.
- Pray that God will call more people to come to the Capitol to pray!
- Pray for the Lord to raise up an army to counter the lies spoken in His name.
- Pray for the hearts of the legislators God has called to the Capitol to be strengthened by His mighty power.
- Pray for His wisdom to be revealed to His people in order to overcome what is to come.
- Pray that God will protect His people from the repercussions of bad laws.
- Pray for His love to overwhelm those working at the Capitol who are seeking Him.
- Pray for God’s grace to abound and that the Senate will give us a room to pray in at the Capitol.
- Encourage everyone you know to vote. Ballots go out beginning October 16th. Read my most recent blog post on voting this ballot here and follow the links!
- Consider joining the CHEC Legislative District Connection (LDC)! I need people throughout Colorado who will commit to making connections with YOUR legislators. Legislators are more apt to listen to their constituents, who can actually impact whether they get elected again or not. We meet via Zoom on the first Monday night of every month to discuss what’s going on at the Capitol and learn about all things dealing with the legislature. Sign up here.
Carolyn Martin is the Director of Government Relations for Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC). She and her husband, Todd, began homeschooling their three children in upstate New York before moving to Colorado in 2004. Her passion is to see homeschooling remain free from government intrusion for future generations.