By Elise DeYoung
Recently, House Bill 4130 was introduced to regulate homeschool families in Oklahoma. Americans must strongly oppose this bill to restrict and regulate families, because its narrative of abuse in homeschools is fabricated. This bill would introduce extreme government overreach into the realm of home education.
Homeschoolers have the fundamental right of autonomy to educate and disciple their children apart from state overreach. A more detailed analysis of this bill is coming, but due to urgency of action, here are some reasons to oppose it:
- Children do not belong to the state, but to the parents.
- Therefore, the Civil government has no authority or jurisdiction over homeschooling.
- The reasons for restricting and regulating homeschooling are baselessly supported, fueled by fear tactics.
- If passed, the state will require social security numbers and background checks for the purpose of tracking every home resident.
- If passed, parents may be subjected to home inspection visits.
For these reasons, we’d like to stand with our friends at HSLDA and oppose Rep. Amanda Swope’s bill.
To join our efforts opposing HB 4130, please contact Rep. Amanda Swope to let her know that you oppose this bill.
- Phone: 405-577-7361
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Fight to Keep Your Homeschool Freedoms:
- Tips For Contacting Your Lawmakers
- Letter and Phone Content Template
- Join the Oklahoma Capitol Day 2024
- Find out more about Constitutional Home Educators Alliance
Elise DeYoung is a Public Relations and Communications Associate and a Classical Conversations graduate. With CC, she strives to know God and make Him known in all aspects of her life. She is a servant of Christ, an avid reader, and a professional nap-taker. As she continues her journey towards the Celestial City, she is determined to gain wisdom and understanding wherever it can be found. Soli Deo gloria!